Wednesday, January 16, 2019

GLINT OF INTENTION

"The Untold Story why I almost abandon my Dream to become a Lawyer"

So, I am reminded....If I had not stopped, I am now only a year away from Law School Graduation.

If anyone gets to be asked, their initial reaction about me stopping would probably be that I was a fool for quitting. I don't know why, but the fact that it had been my childhood dream was a reason not strong enough to fuel me to keep going. Yes, I almost fell into the pitfall of believing just as the people esteemed. It had even gone too far in making me believe that Lawyering is not my cup of tea.

Given I had all the resources needed, people kept wondering why. But, every time they will ask me, I couldn't give them a definite answer. I would always end up fabricating stories. What will they expect from someone who herself was devoid of the exact reason.

I didn't know my random decision to re-enroll would turn the tide. Learning had been a lot more easier for me this time. Evening classes became an idea I always look forward to.

In my pursuit to understand why, I have searched for reasons in every corner of my heart until I reached the realms of re-examining my intentions.

The first time I enrolled, I thought it was because I have dreamt to become one even before I have learned to pronounce the word. But no, I remembered during the interview before admission, I have disclosed that what made me decide to further my studies was the fact that I was thinking it could be a way for me to redeem myself after all the frustrations I had in college. So, there. I was able to trace where all those rooted from. I was driven by my desire to look good that is why learning became more of a burden to me.

It's just funny how I find pleasure in going to class now. Now that I no longer feel the need to be validated. Now that I finally believed I am done proving myself. Now that I embrace the thought that I am enough.

I guess what spelled the difference is that now, the only reason I'm left with after all the limiting beliefs about myself disappeared, is I should because....KNOWLEDGE IS KEY and Education is a privilege denied to many.

So friends, heed my advice! Whatever you are up to, always check your intentions. After all, your intention creates your reality.

If I had it my way, I'd still take the longer route.

No comments:

Post a Comment