Sunday, January 13, 2019

TEACHING AS MY AVOCATION

Before I became one, there was not a time I dreamt of becoming one. In fact, I had often questioned my Mom's love for it. I often tell my students how accidental my becoming a teacher was, that there are times I think of going somewhere else to look for a greener pasture, but I guess the wrong train took me to the right destination. Day by day I became grateful of how teaching served as an avenue for me to tell my students the things which I wish I was telling my younger self if only I had the chance. I am thankful that through teaching somehow in the four corners of the classroom I am in, there is that one student whose life has never been the same because she had the chance to know me. The list could go on. But above all, I am grateful for because of teaching I need not work even a single day in my entire life. Truly, there is no such thing as greener pasture. I am where I am supposed to be. I should bloom where I am planted.














No comments:

Post a Comment