Hi Dear! It's been a while since the last time we talked. I have been true to our vow not to talk to each other and to admire each other from a far instead. I still can remember how you gave me butterflies in my stomach every time your big brown eyes met mine. And of course I cannot forget how you made me laugh with your silly jokes and unmatchable flirting. Also, I cannot stop myself from smiling whenever I remember the thought of me being caught at not knowing what to say whenever you hold my hand infront of your friends.
I had been looking forward to writing every beautiful romantic word there is to caption every photo of us I share to the public. You have no idea how fervid I was to let the entire world know that in your person, I have found the man worth losing my sanity for. Not only were you the one who could sing every note of my old time favorite love songs, you also became the man behind every melody of those songs.
Who would forget that night when you brought me home,there was mental telepathy between us, we both knew what's going to happen next without us uttering a word. I felt the warmth of your hand touching my face then you slowly moved your face closer to mine. The silence was so deafening and the only thing I could hear was the beating of my heart which was thrice faster than the usual. Unexpectedly, your phone rang, I skedaddled out of your car while smirking. I was a few more steps away from our house when I felt my phone vibrating. Just before the word hello came out of my mouth I heard you say "If I was your first love, I would have not let you go!" I was about to answer, but you immediately dropped the line. The reply you failed to hear was this,"If our paths cross again, I'll thank him a hundred folds for letting me go. If not, I would have not known the feeling of finding the one who met all of my standards as clearly as I have set them."
Yes, you were the man behind the silhouette image that appears at the back of my mind whenever I close my eyes every time I see stars in the sky fall like embers.
Now, you have no idea how hard is the battle I face every time your name appears on my newsfeed just to refrain liking your posts. I'm glad you're living the life you deserve. Just in the event you'd get into another relationship, I hope it would be with someone you truly deserve. Because if not, the idea of you will haunt me forever. Please don't give me the notion that watching you turn your back on me without stopping you was a mistake.
No comments:
Post a Comment