How to experience JOY?
To save you from scouring the internet trying to find an answer, I've collated some ways of how I did (I would like to believe I did).
I found JOY when...
I LIBERATED MYSELF. There is no restriction more oppressive than being dictated by the norms. I've stopped living to please other people. When I did, I started realizing what I have been born with (and how to realize each of those to its fullest potential) and what I have born for (and to go after it despite the prices I pay in exchange of it.)
I ALLOWED. When I permitted God to be in control, It had been easy for me to maneuver through rocky terrains. It was when I started believing that I was brought to every situation for a reason, that I became more thankful. When I gave in to the thought that the wrong train may take you to the right place, I started having enough courage to lose sight of the idea that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. I became like a water lily that blossomed in ugly waters.
I SURRENDERED. When I became courageous enough to accept the things I cannot change, that's when I have put myself to rest. There is no greater gift than being able to sleep peacefully at night. Although I have to admit, it takes a lot of learning to realize that worrying cannot empty tomorrow of it sorrows, it can only empty today of its strength.
Just like anyone who made their way out, it took me quite some time to FLOURISH. It was a battle hardly fought. You might be into the same or perhaps worse, but just remember, calm seas don't make good sailors.
Together let us create a world that makes JOY its favorite SYMPHONY!

No comments:
Post a Comment