Sunday, January 13, 2019

2017 MISS ORMOC: REACTION

The first runner-up, Miss Niña Sherra Tagalog was my bet at the start of the competition. In my opinion, she had been the most beautiful among them.
But I think Carla Meneses, the newly crowned Miss Ormoc, deserves the crown more than anybody else. If my memory served me right, she was the only contestant who was able to give a definite answer to the finale question, "How do you describe a Modern Ormocana?"
I cannot remember how she worded it, but she exclaimed that Ormocanas are resilient as manifested in how they stood up again after all the trials.
That was exactly the answer I was expecting from them. Truly, not only are we a city of beautiful people, but also a home of brilliant minds.
If I was one of the candidates I would have answered it this way.
"For me, I can compare a modern Ormocana to that of a phoenix. It being a symbol of death and reborn. Many times Ormoc had been a victim of a series of unfortunate events. We all know how devastated we were after the Ormoc Flash flood and the typhoon Yolanda but with grit and tenacity we are standing strong today."

1 comment: