Saturday, January 12, 2019

WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN, 2018!



The rise and fall of this year's roller coaster ride made it both scary and exciting. Somehow, I cannot help but feel a palpable sense of relief that finally we're down to the last day of this year. 

Along the way, I've lost people and I have to admit, they left a memory no one can steal. This circumstance soaked me in total despair at first but little by little, I am starting to realise it was only life's funny way of slapping me with the truth that when God takes away something from you, it is for the purpose of replacing you with something even greater. And so, He did! He sent angels disguised as mentors in place of those I've lost.

I think it's also in this year that I've fought the hardest battle. Quarter Life Crisis had been so debilitating since time immemorial but it is in this year that it reached its peak. Everything seemed painful as I watched my life collapse before my eyes. I've lost sight of every pinch of motivation and even my reason for living. But it is also in this year that I have recuperated from that torture. I don't know how, but the light mellowed me down. I came to see what am I here for in this planet. I found my Dharma and is now living the dream. I might not have reached the finish line yet but I am gracefully dancing with the beat.

And of course, I couldn't be more thankful for the job I have. Not only does it give me a living, I am also making a life out of it.

Believing that it is in counting your blessings that you will have more blessings to count, I can go on and reel off every single detail of how this year had been absolutely good to me, but I guess I'll leave you with this instead....

If 2018 wasn't a little friendly, believe that 2019 will be. If it will still not be, then perhaps all the years after it will be.

2 comments:

  1. I am super inspired by reading this article, it gives me hope to face positivism in this year 2019

    ReplyDelete
  2. If may react button lang, i would press the sad face. 2018 was not friendly to me. I just changed the old calender with new one, expecting nothing and just go with the flow this time. Maybe if not this year, all the years after this will make friends with me. Thanks though 2018

    ReplyDelete